Rotate list items using jQuery and web-services.
- Retrieve items from SharePoint lists and display them one by one with fading animations.
- This project uses the jQuery.SPServices plug-in to retrieve data using web-services.
These can be easily added to a SharePoint site, see
Setup the SharePoint site for SPItemsRotator
Documentation and examples
- Items are displayed with security trimming. Users can't see items they don't have access to.
- Modify options to tune the rotation delay.
- For smooth fading, SPItemsRotator requires a fixed height on the container div.
- rotateAnnouncements() and rotatePictures() are basic methods that can be implemented by users familiar with jQuery.
- To rotate items below the quick-launch, add the container and script to the master page using SharePoint Designer, instead of adding it into a web part.
Please report bugs and suggestions, and contact me if you wish to participate to this project
My french technical SharePoint blog :