Object doesn't support property or method

Feb 8, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Does this library still work with the latest version of jQuery.SPServices-0.4.7? I am continually getting the message that object doesn't suport the rotateAnnouncements function and have checked everything I can think of.

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2010 at 8:27 PM
Hello,

yes i think it should
make sure the 3 script files are registered in the page and in this order :
jQuery
SPServices
SPItemsRotator

Best regards,
Arnault Nouvel

To: [email removed]
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 13:24:08 -0800
Subject: Object doesn't support property or method [spitemsrotator:83563]

Does this library still work with the latest version of jQuery.SPServices-0.4.7? I am continually getting the message that object doesn't suport the rotateAnnouncements function and have checked everything I can think of.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (spitemsrotator@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email spitemsrotator@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Vous cherchez l'intégrale des clips de Michael Jackson ? Bing ! Trouvez !
Feb 9, 2010 at 6:24 PM
Edited Feb 9, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Not sure what I am missing, but something is not right. I even got an older version of the SPServices library just to make sure that wasn't the problem.

Here is what I have added to the head of the default master page:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/jQueryLibrary/jquery-1.3.2.min.js"></script> 
	<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/jQueryLibrary/jquery.SPServices-0.3.2.min.js"></script> 
	<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/jQueryLibrary/jquery.SPItemsRotator-0.1.1.js"></script> 

I know the SPServices file is loaded and working, because I am using it's functionality elsewhere and everything is fine.

Here is the code I have added to the content editor webpart:

<div id="divAnnouncements" style="height:150px;"></div>
<script>
   $(window).ready(function(){
	$("#divAnnouncements").rotateAnnouncements({
		webURL:"/",
		listName:"Test"
	});
   });
</script>

I continue to get this javascript error in IE when I display the page: ERROR: Object doesn't support this property or method.

Do you see anything obviously wrong with this? I have copied your example, fixed the </style> to </div> and set the parameters to match my site. I am using WSS 3.0, not MOSS. Does that matter?

Nick

Feb 12, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Found the problem! Line 59 of your javascript file reads this:

catch (e) {

It is missing a closing curly brace. It should look like this:

} catch (e) {

Now all is well.

Coordinator
Feb 20, 2010 at 6:55 AM

Hi Nick,

thank you for reporting this !

i'll fix it and release 1.2 right away